Set-up Your Company in Myanmar
Myanmar has become more open for foreign companies or individuals and is a great opportunity for established companies and budding entrepreneurs. Setting up a legal entity in Myanmar can be complicated requiring a response from authorities and specific legal documents. NNRoad can assist with the process and the best solution for your business while complying with the laws.
Business entities you can open in Myanmar
1) Limited Liability Company (LLC)
A Limited Liability Company can be established in Myanmar with at least two shareholders and two directors. The shareholders can be corporate or individual and they do not need to reside in Myanmar. The minimum paid capital for companies with foreign shareholders is $50,000 in service industries and $150,000 in manufacturing.
2) Joint Venture
A Joint Venture is a standard Limited Liability Company incorporated by one foreigner and one local shareholder.
3) Public Limited Company (PLC)
This company can be set up with seven shareholders and two directors. They are subject to the same requirements as a limited liability company, but their financial statements are always subject to audit rules.
4) Branch Office and Representative Office
Foreign companies can open branches and rep offices. The requirement for rep offices is that they do not have to conduct commercial activities.
Our Company Formation Service Includes:
- Confirm the selection of a business entity type.
- Advice on initial capital amount, if applicable.
- Guiding and preparing with the document’s submission for Business Incorporation certificate.
- Work closely with the Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA) and the Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC) for the incorporation process.
- Advice on corporate governance and operational compliance aligned with the Myanmar Companies Law.
- Provide you with the provision of non-executive directors, all of whom are experienced with company operations in Myanmar.
- Myanmar Entity Health checks, ensuring that your entity information is correct and aligned to new laws.
- Support with Company Secretarial Services.
- Registered Office Service support.
- Bank Account Opening assistance.