Set-up Your Company in Italy
There are several ways to start a business in Italy, setting up of a company being the most common one. Alternatively, foreign companies can also choose to set up a branch office or a Representative Office (RO) in Italy if they do not plan on doing any profit-making activities within the nation. Company formation in Italy involves several stages with varying complexity and therefore requires professional assistance. NNRoad team will prepare legal documents, assist with registration, and finalize the incorporation procedure.
Business entities you can open in Italy
These companies include:
Limited liability company (Società a responsabilità limitata) (SRL) - The liability of its members is limited to the amount invested in the company. This type of company, which requires a minimum share capital of EUR10,000, is very popular, especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
Joint-stock company (Società per azioni) (SpA) - This type of company requires a minimum investment of EUR50,000 and at least one shareholder. Higher capital requirements are set by law for regulated companies such as banks and insurance companies.
Company limited by shares (Società in accomandita per azioni) (SapA) - This is a less common corporate type which is a hybrid structure with both limited liability shareholders and unlimited liability shareholders.
Unlike companies, partnerships have no legal personality, consequently, both the partnership as a whole and the individual shareholders are liable for the company's obligations and debts.
Simple partnership (Società semplice) (Ss).
General Partnership (Società in nome collettivo) (SNC).
Limited Partnership (Società in accomandita semplice) (SAS).
Our Company Formation Service Includes:
- Assistance in selecting a proper form and governance structure (SAS, SARL, etc.).
- Incorporation of a company (legal entity) and registration with all authorities, getting a Tax Identification Number.
- Guiding and preparing legal documents, the Articles of Association, and other incorporating documents if needed.
- Incorporation of the Company before the Notary.
- VAT registration, Chamber of Commerce registration.
- Bank Account Opening assistance.
PEO/Employer of Record in Italy
Hire employees in Italy while NNRoad handles all employer liabilities.
NNRoad is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that provides Employer of Record services in Italy, also known as “employment solutions” or “PEO solutions”. Many companies opt to outsource their employees to minimize costs and legal risk when expanding their business operations in Italy. NNRoad is specified in helping foreign companies navigate through Italian employment laws and requirements, saving you time so you can focus on core business activities.
- Legally hire local and foreign employees without a legal entity established in Italy.
- NNRoad becomes your in-country employer of record for dispatched employees in Italy. While you will still be responsible for the management of your employees.
NNRoad's Employer of Record (EOR) Services in Italy Includes:
- Engaging employees through local labor contracts including contract administration, engagement, extension termination and conversion to a permanent hire.
- On-boarding and off-boarding employees following local labor law practice.
- Complete payroll solution and statutory benefit administration.
- Employee management according to local laws, including employee record, timekeeping, bonus and allowance management, expense and claims, and leave employee database management.
- Payslip distribution by email or post.
- Payment management, including invoicing customers/clients and salary payment.
Payroll Service Italy
Outsource Your Italian Payroll to NNRoad
Setting up payroll according to the country’s laws and regulations can be challenging. Italy operates under a progressive income tax where employees pay an income-based rate. Based on the industry sector and management level, social security contributions may vary.
In Italy, payroll involves registration with the Labor Office, Social Security Institute, and the Insurance Institute - each process involving its own standards and deadlines. Therefore, understanding the payroll process in Italy can be difficult for foreign businesses. NNRoad can help with the payroll implementation and ensure that your employees are paid as per Italy’s employment with relevant legal and compliance requirements. We take care of all payroll administration so you can focus on your core business.
NNRoad’s Payroll and Benefits Services Italy Includes:
- Registering and de-registering the necessary company and personnel information for payroll calculation in the payroll software and system.
- Calculation of gross salary, salary deductions (e.g. tax, social contribution, and other deductions), and net salary based on the pre-agreed format.
- Processing of mandatory deductions and payments to the appropriate government authorities.
- Providing electronic payslip to each employee.
- Payroll Disbursement including issuing payment invoice to your company (client) for payroll distribution to employees.
- Annual/Quarterly/Monthly Declaration (preparation and submission) of social data with authorities and mandatory insurances.
- Issuance of a certification of the yearly income of each employee.
Accounting and tax consistently rank as the most time-consuming parts of business administration. Every Italian company is required by law to maintain accounting records sufficient to identify all financial transactions carried out by the company. NNRoad will ensure that you are compliant with the Italian legal requirements as we have years of experience in the field of accounting and tax.
- Full set accounting services in compliance with Italy legislations and accounting standard.
- Monthly closing, reconciliation and reporting of Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss accounts.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly declarations (including VAT, Intrastat and Corporate Tax).
- Reporting on statutory obligations (ecotax, industry statistics, parity reports, disability compliance, etc.).
- Processing Form770 for employees and para-subordinates.
- Yearly certification of the taxes (IRPEF) payment.